- GM announces EV development deal with Chinese partner
- Koleos to be first Renault made in China
- Pangda CEO denies being invited by GM to negotiations regarding Saab
- Over 600000 Great Wall Haval H SUVs sold
- Beijing Benz to officially export E-Class
- GM China to complete second phase construction on R&D center in 2012
- Beijing Hyundai president called back to Korea, replaced by VP
- Dongfeng Nissan's new Guangzhou factory begins operation
- In the wake of Saab's bankruptcy, Pangda sees stock price fall
- Pangda Automobile Trade to sell 22 properties
- Dongfeng eyes up bankrupt Saab's remaining assets
- BYD building new crash test center in Shenzhen
- Chery to cooperate with SK Telecom
- Expansion work at Shanghai GM factories going smoothly
The 15th Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition
Mr. Wang Xia
Chairman of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade
Mr. Wang Lie
Vice Chairman of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade
Mr. Gu Chunting
Assistant to Chairman of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade
President of Shanghai International Exhibition Co., Ltd.
Live report from the press conference
The 15th Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition (Auto Shanghai 2013) will be held at Shanghai New International Expo Center from April 21 to 29, 2013. With the them of "Innovation for Better Life," Auto Shanghai 2013 will not only be a testament to the innovative developments of China’s automotive sector, but also demonstrate how modern automobiles are focusing on new technologies and environmental protection, rewarding drivers and their passengers with an enhanced lifestyle.
Organizers of Auto Shanghai 2013 include the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM), the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Shanghai Sub-Council, and the Automotive Industry Committee of the China Council for the Promotion of International trade. Co-organizers are Shanghai International Exhibition Co., Ltd. and MMG-Messe Muenchen International/IMAG. The China Machinery Industry Federation is the special supporting sponsor while the Society of Automotive Engineers of China is a supporting sponsor.
According to the event schedule, Media Day takes place on April 20, opening for both domestic and foreign Medias. April 21st and 22nd are for the trade visitors; and from April 23rd to 29th it is for the publics. The event is expected to attract over 800000 visitors.
The exhibition has expanded to all 17 indoor exhibition halls of the Shanghai New International Expo Center (up from 13 halls in 2011). 13 of the indoor halls (W1-W5，E1-E7 and N1) will be used for passenger cars, 2 halls more than last session. Commercial vehicles will be displayed in half of N2 and outdoor booths. Components manufacturers will be located in N3, N4, N5, another half of N2 and 20 temporary halls. In addition, service areas including the media booths, press center, cafeterias, lounge and infirmary will be located outside. Auto Shanghai 2013 will gather self-owned brands of China, joint venture brands, and global brands; the total scale of this session reaches over 280000 square meters. About 2000 exhibitors from 20 countries and regions will display around 1300 auto models. (A detailed hall layout.)
Chinese domestic brands step onto the international stage, demonstrating strength
In recent years, vehicles designed and manufactured by Chinese self-owned brands have been widely recognized by their strong performance in world markets. They have made substantial progress in technology development, product quality and brand awareness. China's domestic carmakers will gather on Auto Shanghai 2013, including the country’s six major players, FAW, SAIC Group, Dongfeng Motor, Changan Automobile, GAC Group and BAIC Motor, with their model lineups, in a full demonstration of newfound confidence and strength.
FAW Group will showcase his passenger and commercial brands in both indoor and outdoor booths. SAIC will bring his highest lineup, display over 110 newest models from his subsidiary brands, and have 10 world debuts on this session. Dongfeng Motor Group, together with its partners and joint ventures Kia as well as Dongfeng Yueda Kia, Peugeot and Dongfeng Peugeot, Citroen, Dongfeng Citroen, Dongfeng Yulon and Renault, will share the area of E4. Adding their outdoor exhibition area, they almost occupy the same scale of SAIC. BAIC also bring his passenger and commercial vehicles to the indoor and outdoor stages. Besides, Great Wall Motor and Changan Automobile expand their exhibition area to showcase a comprehensive brand image.
Geely, BYD, Chery, Brilliance Auto, JAC, Haima Auotmobile, Soueast Motor, Lifan Auto as well as other Chinese brands will gather in Auto Shanghai 2013 with their latest models. Jiangling Motors, Changfeng Group, Landwind Motor as well as Zhongxing Automobile will firstly attend as independent exhibitors
International exhibitors gather at Auto Shanghai 2013
The long-awaited Auto Shanghai 2013 will be a spectacular visual display attended by a roll call of global auto giants with their unprecedented model lineups.
German automakers like Mercedes-Benz, Smart, BMW, and MINI will display their new models as well as unique booth designs. Volkswagen Group, Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini and Bugatti will also come to this stage. Toyota, Honda and Nissan from Japanese lineup will bring with all of their subsidiary brands. U.S.A. lineup, General Motors, Ford and Chrysler will gather in Auto Shanghai 2013. It should mention that Lexus, Infiniti, and Cadillac will attend undependably, close to their competitor brands Benz, BMW, Landrover, Jaguar, and Volvo. This arrangement will contribute to the brand promotions as well as facilitate visitors.
Auto Shanghai 2013 attracts the participation of luxury car brands, including Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Bugatti, ETERNITI, Koenigsegg and MKB. In addition, Citroen, Peugeot, Renault, Fiat, DS, Hyundai, KIA, Mazda, Mitsubishi Suzuki and Subaru will be included in the roster of exhibitors. Qoros Auto also choose Auto Shanghai 2013 as his first stage in China.
Representing the latest technologies, the new-energy vehicles will still be a highlight and play an important part in the show. Denza, a new electric vehicle jointly developed by BYD and Daimler, will firstly showcase this year. With hundred years of history, Detroit Electric will make the world debut of his commercial-scale electric vehicles, which is suitable for household. All of that adumbrate that electric vehicles will spread into normal families.
Commercial Vehicle Exhibition Area continues to expand, while parts manufacturers demonstrate high interest in participation
The organizers of Auto Shanghai 2013 continue to expand the exhibition area for commercial vehicles, with half of Pavilion N2 being allocated as the area for the first time. FAW Jiefang, Dongfeng, SAIC, Iveco, Sino Truck, Beiqi Foton, Mercedes-Benz LCV, JAC, Brilliance Auto, MAN, Sweden Scania, Shenyang Jinbei and Zhong-ou Automobile will showcase their new commercial vehicles at Pavilion N2 and on the outside public space. The showcasing of the commercial vehicles is expected to be one of the highlights in Auto Shanghai 2013.
At the auto parts area, internationally renowned parts manufacturers are planning to show up in force. Well-known parts manufacturers including BorgWarner, Eaton, Bosch, Continental AG, ThyssenKrupp, NSK, ZF and Faurecia, as well as Michelin, Dunlop and Bose will display their latest technologies and products.
Major events overall upgrade with an innovative model for exchange and cooperation
In order to further enrich the coordinated activities during the show, the organizers will be orchestrating series of key events to create a platform for exchange and cooperation.
- Auto Shanghai Summit 2013 -- On April 19, the organizers will hold the 3rd Auto Shanghai Summit 2013 at Shanghai International Convention Center. The summit with the tagline “Gathering positive energy to propel cooperation and innovation” will invite more than 400 business executives to take part, along with foreign ambassadors and business association representatives from 40+ countries. During the summit, a special entrepreneur session will be offered where leaders from top car makers will share their expectations for the new global role of China’s automotive industry.
- Media Day -- On April 20, complete vehicle and parts exhibitors will hold 100 press conferences at their booths or in meeting rooms. Local and foreign correspondents will vie to break the news about the launch of a variety of new models, attracting global attention on Shanghai and ramping up the importance of Auto Shanghai 2013 on the world stage. The schedule of press conferences will be available on Auto Shanghai 2013’s official website.
- The Night of the Designers -- The Car Design Night 2013 will be held on April 20 at the Old Wharf on the south side of the Bund, gathering a host of the global car industry’s top designers and representatives of large complete vehicle makers, unfolding the endless creative possibilities of auto design.
- Technology Sessions: The Technology Sessions at Auto Shanghai 2013 include seminars, workshops, special procurement and trade fairs, covering automotive manufacturing, new materials and new technologies.
- Dynamic Demonstration Area: The organizers will reserve nearly 20,000 square meters outdoor area in the middle of the exhibition hall as a dynamic demonstration site. Using different presentation techniques, including “listen”, ”move”, ”speak” , “demonstrate”, and “exhibit”, the technology characteristics for the controlling, driving and braking of a moving vehicle will be on display, in an effort to offer more opportunities for vendors to showcase car performance and provide more engaging methods of demonstration to audiences.
Exhibition safety and appropriate decorum among show participants highly advocated
All parties involved in the organizing of the event attach great importance to the exhibition and wish to ensure a safe, civilized, environmentally friendly, enjoyable and rewarding event. With that sentiment in mind, several emergency response plans have been put in place by the organizers. In order to avoid traffic jams in the vicinity of the exhibition hall during the show, organizers ask attendees to choose public transport as their means of arrival. The organizers will be adding temporary car parks and arranging shuttle buses to pick up visitors from and deliver visitors to the nearest subway station at no charge. Organizers will set up more than ten eating areas that will serve up lunch and snacks as well as set up queuing areas at the entry points into the more popular halls to maintain order. In addition, the organizers will release a set of guidelines for proper behavior and decorum at the event, to ensure the cooperation of exhibitors and attendees alike, as well as have a sufficient number of security personnel on hand and patrolling the halls to reduce the likelihood of any untoward event. Meanwhile, media are asked to not focus on any news that strays from the exhibition itself.
People-oriented services and customers’ satisfaction emphasized
Advance and on-site ticket sales: advance sale tickets are available from March 18 to April 17. Visitors may buy tickets through Auto Shanghai 2013’s official website or from designated ticket sellers (962288, ticket2010.com, tickets.com.cn, damai.cn and gewara.com). From April 21 to 29, visitors may purchase their ticket on site.
Pre-registration System for the Media and Press Center: The organizer has set up a pre-registration system for the media on the official website. Qualified journalists will receive an email informing them of their media credentials. From April 18 to 20, journalists (Chinese and foreign) can check in and pick up their media passes at 24 on-site media counters set up by the organizer at the south square of Shanghai New International Expo Center. The 1000-square-meter press center will be open to the media starting from April 20. In addition, the organizers will host the International Broadcasting Convention for the first time at the press center in a move to provide an excellent working environment as well as technical support for live onsite reporting at afternoon. It is estimated that 10,000 journalists will report Auto Shanghai 2013 on site.
The Auto Shanghai 2013 Official App: To help the media provide comprehensive and timely coverage of the show, the organizer will roll out a downloadable mobile app of Auto Shanghai 2013 for the first time in a move to make service information available dynamically. The app will also provide exhibitors and attendees real time updates on events unfolding during the show. Users can download the app by scanning a 2D code that can be found on the official website.
The organizers are also providing exhibition facilities including a information desk, a rest area for seniors and individuals requiring wheelchair access, a rest area for lost children, an infirmary, emergency ambulance service, a mobile communications support vehicle and mobile toilets, among others.
For more information, please visit the official website at www.autoshanghai.org or www.china-autoshow.com.