- GM announces EV development deal with Chinese partner
- Koleos to be first Renault made in China
- Pangda CEO denies being invited by GM to negotiations regarding Saab
- Over 600000 Great Wall Haval H SUVs sold
- Beijing Benz to officially export E-Class
- GM China to complete second phase construction on R&D center in 2012
- Beijing Hyundai president called back to Korea, replaced by VP
- Dongfeng Nissan's new Guangzhou factory begins operation
- In the wake of Saab's bankruptcy, Pangda sees stock price fall
- Pangda Automobile Trade to sell 22 properties
- Dongfeng eyes up bankrupt Saab's remaining assets
- BYD building new crash test center in Shenzhen
- Chery to cooperate with SK Telecom
- Expansion work at Shanghai GM factories going smoothly
Koleos to be first Renault made in China
2011-12-27 from:From Gasgoo.com
The Koleos compact SUV will be the first Chinese made Renault if an agreement between Dongfeng and Nissan is reached, the Guangzhou Daily reported today. The Koleos currently has annual sales of about 20,000 units, accounting for near 80 percent of all Renaults sold in the country.
Reports of a possible cooperation between Dongfeng and Nissan which would see Renaults made in China have been circulating lately. Sources from Dongfeng have already confirmed news that they have met with Nissan officials. Hubei's capital of Wuhan will reportedly be home to a new venture between the two companies.
Carlos Ghosn, president of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, has also made several attempts to convince Dongfeng to aid in the production of Renault and Infiniti vehicles. At the end of last month, Mr. Ghosn made an official visit to China, where he reportedly met with government officials to discuss the possibility of domestic production.
Levacher Emmanuel, Renault's vice president of sales and marketing, previously stated that he expects China to become the manufacturer's largest market in the future.