- GM announces EV development deal with Chinese partner
- Koleos to be first Renault made in China
- Pangda CEO denies being invited by GM to negotiations regarding Saab
- Over 600000 Great Wall Haval H SUVs sold
- Beijing Benz to officially export E-Class
- GM China to complete second phase construction on R&D center in 2012
- Beijing Hyundai president called back to Korea, replaced by VP
- Dongfeng Nissan's new Guangzhou factory begins operation
- In the wake of Saab's bankruptcy, Pangda sees stock price fall
- Pangda Automobile Trade to sell 22 properties
- Dongfeng eyes up bankrupt Saab's remaining assets
- BYD building new crash test center in Shenzhen
- Chery to cooperate with SK Telecom
- Expansion work at Shanghai GM factories going smoothly
Beijing Benz to officially export E-Class
2011-12-27 from:From Gasgoo.com
Sino-German Beijing Benz has set its sights overseas, with the joint venture holding a ceremony in Beijing yesterday for its first official export, the E-Class, chinanews.com reported today.
The exported E-Class marks a new turning point for the JV, who has seen domestic demand for its models grow dramatically over the past few years. Beijing Benz's sales for the first 11 months of this year were 52 percent higher than last year.
Beijing Benz President Frank Deiss said that he hopes the E-Class will help Beijing Benz break into overseas markets. Foreign sales would bring in new interest to the JV, which would benefit both Chinese parent BAIC and Beijing's automobile industry as a whole.
Xu Heyi (pictured below, left), board chairman of BAIC Group, also remarked on the significance of the event. Mr. Xu said that he hoped to see more cooperation between BAIC and its German partner in the future.