- GM announces EV development deal with Chinese partner
- Koleos to be first Renault made in China
- Pangda CEO denies being invited by GM to negotiations regarding Saab
- Over 600000 Great Wall Haval H SUVs sold
- Beijing Benz to officially export E-Class
- GM China to complete second phase construction on R&D center in 2012
- Beijing Hyundai president called back to Korea, replaced by VP
- Dongfeng Nissan's new Guangzhou factory begins operation
- In the wake of Saab's bankruptcy, Pangda sees stock price fall
- Pangda Automobile Trade to sell 22 properties
- Dongfeng eyes up bankrupt Saab's remaining assets
- BYD building new crash test center in Shenzhen
- Chery to cooperate with SK Telecom
- Expansion work at Shanghai GM factories going smoothly
BYD building new crash test center in Shenzhen
BYD is currently construction a new crash test center in Shenzhen, Guangdong, the Beijing News reported today. Some of the facilities have already been completed and are ready for use. The whole lab is scheduled to be operational by next August.
BYD has invested 100 million yuan ($15.79m) in building the 22,000 square meter complex. The center will adhere to the highest of Western standards.
The Shenzhen center will be the second crash test center BYD has, with its original center in Shanghai still being used. BYD is one of the few Chinese manufacturers to possess multiple crash test centers. According to sources from the manufacturer, the Shanghai center is already capable to handle all of BYD's current testing needs. The reason the manufacturer decided to invest money in building a new center is to prepare for the future.